Contact the MN Department of Health laboratory at (651) 201-5073 prior to requesting this test.
Successful culture of H. ducreyi is dependent upon strict observance of collection and transport conditions.
Aptima Multitest swab collection kit
- Partially peel open the swab package and remove the swab. Do not touch the soft tip or lay the swab down. If the soft tip is touched, the swab is laid down, or the swab is dropped, use a new collection kit.
- Hold the swab, placing your thumb and forefinger in the middle of the swab shaft covering the score line. Do not hold the swab shaft below the score line.
- Carefully swab the lesion
- While holding the swab in the same hand, unscrew the cap from the tube, taking care not to spill the contents of the tube. If the contents of the tube are spilled, use a new collection kit.
- Immediately place the swab into the transport tube so that the score line is at the top of the tube.
- Carefully break the swab shaft at the score line against the side of the tube.
- Immediately discard the top portion of the swab shaft.
- Tightly screw the cap onto the tube.